Red Devil Baseball Club FAQs
Number of games?
· Roughly 30/35/40 for 10s/12s/14s
· This game count includes the WLLL or Pony seasons
When does season start?
· Early Spring
When will the season end?
· July 1
Why are you having tryouts now?
· The initial goal of the Club is to corral the players in other competitive travel baseball organizations and to bring them in to the West Lafayette system; with a focus on proper instruction of hitting, fielding, base running and pitching.
· In competitive travel baseball, teams are set in the early fall. For that reason, we felt it necessary to have a tryout at this time.
How much will RDBC cost?
· But it will also depend on the number of kids on the team
· There will be fundraisers to help individuals lower their costs
What do we get in return for all that money?
· This will all be spelled out to you before you make any commitment.
· We will be 100% transparent with our budget.
· Nike Uniform (pants, belt, 2 shirts, varsity hat, socks, helmet)
· Games (umpire fees, league fees if we join CITL)
· Tournaments (fees, gate fee, baseballs)
· Indoor practices @ Burtsfield in early spring if necessary
Does the cost include WLLL or Pony fees?
Does my son have to play RDBC to be able to play Pony or WLLL?
Does my son have to play RDBC to be a WLLL All-Star?
Does my son have to play RDBC to play high school baseball for Coach Strode?
How will players be evaluated at the tryout?
· Teams will be evaluated by independent evaluators selected by Coach Strode
When will teams be selected?
· ASAP after all tryouts
How many teams will there be?
· This depends on the number of players who come out
Will the teams play live arm exclusively?
· High school rules – lead offs, steals on pitcher movement, etc.
How far will the teams “travel” for games/tournaments?
· Not more than 1 hour away for a game or double-header
· Not more than 2 hours away for a tournament
Who will coach these teams?
· To be determined, some teams may have paid coaches, other teams may have volunteers.
Can my son play up?
How are the age-groups broken down?
· Age on April 30 is how we will determine your son’s age group.
Do I have to play WLLL or Pony?
Who can play on the teams?
· Anyone attending or planning to attend WL schools.